RE: Truncate another users table

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:38:03 -0500

(Cleaning up.....got bounced for over quoting)

In my last post, I said:
Oh, I absolutely agree it's a bad idea, no doubt about that. =20
I don't see any good solution outside of the PL/SQL wrapper and execute immediate, which the original poster already=20 pointed out won't work for him.

Ok, I just thought of this....

You'll have to tolerate the user having the DROP ANY TABLE privilege. I don't see any way around that. =20

What you're trying to do will work if you do this as user_a: alter session set current_schema=3Duser_b; truncate table truncate_me;

The preceding will truncate a table called truncate_me owned by user_b, if user_a has DROP ANY TABLE priv.

Hope that helps,

-Mark