Truncate another users table

From: Larry Hahn <lhahn_60_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:43:14 -0800 (PST)

List,

I am running version 8.1.7 on Sun.

I am trying to allow a user (A) to truncate another users (B) table. I have already given the DROP ANY TABLE right to A, and made a public synonym for the table owned by B.

I can't do the truncate if I just give the table name, but if I put the owner first (truncate table A.<tablename>) it works. What have I missed?

Because the truncate command that I ultimately need to run is buried in the vendors code, I am not able to create and execute the stored procedure that I have seen suggested here on the list in the past.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry Hahn

Do you Yahoo!?
Send holiday email and support a worthy cause. Do good. http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com