RE: Truncate another users table

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:57:43 -0500

Larry,

Synonyms don't work on DDL statements, as you discovered.

However, rather than granting a user DROP ANY TABLE, which it seems to me could be easily misused or abused, why not do:

As user1:
create function truncate_the_table as
begin
  execute immediate 'truncate table this_table'; end;
/
grant execute on truncate_the_table to user2;

As user2:

exec truncate_the_table;

That may be a better solution for you....

-Mark