RMAN register database pblm.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:37:25 -0500

List,

OS. OpenVMS 7.3-2
Oracle 8.1.7.4 Prod and Dev
 I am fortunate enough to have lost the disk drive that contained the RMAN catalog database (Oracle 8.1.7.4).
 I have recreated the RMAN database and created the RMAN user okay.  I connect to the catalog as the RMAN/RMAN_at_xxx okay  As the RMAN user I created the catalog
with the RMAN> create catalog; command.
I connect to the target as "sys/sys_at_zzz" okay When I issue the RMAN> register database; the command fails with: RMAN-03008 error while performing automatic resync of recovery catalog RMAN-07004 unhandled exception during command execution on channel default
RMAN-10035 exception raised in RPC: ORA-01403: no data found RMAN-10031 Ora-01403 occured during call to DBMS_RCVCAT.CHECKBACKUPPIECE What is the proper method to register a database with RMAN after the RMAN database has been recreated and I would like to continue performing RMAN backups. Of course this all is mute as we are in the process of installing a new Oracle server and the old one will be retired. I suppose I could wait until then and recreate the RMAN backups then with all new servers.

Still digging and looking for answers.
Thanks,
Ron