RE: cpu average load

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:41:48 -0800 (PST)

The one way is always tracing.
I beleive Cary explained every case in his book. But nor sure that you want to read or parse every line of your 10046 trace. I will always opt to pay a few bucks to some parser on the net.

But, not sure that it is not possible to be covered differently with timed_os_statistics parameter that is giving you at least some OS timing statistics from v$ views.

Is that reliable?
Did anybody was playing with this apart from me?

Any bad (wrong) behaviour with using OS statistics with timed_os_statistics?

If not reliable in 9i is it in 10g?

Anybody?

Are we refusing Oracle OS statistics here as non reliable or I missed some article/paper/doc (very possible if you imagine how huge is Oracle community)?

At the end turning timed_os_statistics for some session or the db is probably not crazy overhead, or at least not bigger then level 8 tracing.

Regards,
Zoran