Re: local write wait event

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:05:40 +0100

The only time I have seen local write wait and tracked it back to source, it has been the query co-ordinator cleaning up after parallel execution slaves have been involved in parallel create table / index. Each slave thinks it owns a segment, so creates a segment header as the first block of the data it generates. The QC wipes all but one of them and puts them into the segment free list.

There may be other reasons that I've not yet come across.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th

Dear List,

Tracing one of the user sessions I get a lot of waits on "local write wait". We are using 10.0.3, I've searched metalink and in the book about OWI events, but couldn't find any information about this event, while searching in the archives I've found post by K Gopalakrishnan, that this event should never be seen in normal databases. Maybe there is a more detailed description of this wait event?

--

 Edgar

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 12 2004 - 15:03:10 CDT