RE: Performance Question - High I/O per Insert

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:06:32 +0000

do you have unique and pk indexes? those cause more I/O since you have to do a lookup for each row loaded? Your 'sequential' wait leads me to believe this. I don't think your IO increase has anything to do with partitioning. It may have to do with loading data out of synch with your clustering factor. This could cause increased index maintenance, higher waits, and higher IO.