Oracle for Windows XP with INTEL inside

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:08:23 +0800

Hi guys,
Is that true that you cannot connect to Oracle 9.2.0 on Intel + XP machine "WITHOUT A LISTENER?"

I got this from metalink

Problem: You could get an ORA-09352 on version 7.x of the database, an ORA-12203 on version 8.0.x of the database, or an ORA-12560 on version 8.1.x of the database.

Solution: This is because the bequeath connection is not supported on NT terminal server. Note 66397.1 (INTEL: Windows NT Terminal Server Support) shows the certification.

Can you please tell me how to startup Oracle 9.2.0 wihtout using listener? (on Win XP).

This is my attempt

run... cmd

C:\> set ORACLE_SID=mytest (I also try set the variable on the System Property, Advanced Tab, User variables)

C:\> sqlplus /nolog

SQL> connect system as sysdba
password:.... manager

ORA-12560: TNS: erro....