RE: is IPC really faster than TCPIP?

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:36:08 -0500

Hey Paul I really like that idea. Thanks Larry

        We had a client insist on getting a copy of a UNIX server we had. He laid it down at his office and then issued a stop listener command which went out on the network and shutdown the listener on his production box.

        He was pretty upset until I looked at the listener log and told him where the command came from.

        Isn't that the way some pop-up stoppers work too?