Re: VPD Pre/Post Implementation Issues

From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:46:10 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, we did ... it is just that ...

  1. policies were on columns that were not indexed
  2. lot of single colun indexes on the tables(s)
  3. all policies were dynamic.

So, we fixed (1 and 2) by merging,eliminating some indexes and creating new ones. And (3) was resolved by making policies static.

The application, not exactly a Mustang GT convertible, but it is like A Ford Focus with 93 octane gas, sports edition. Which is fine with us for the time being.

No, I never thought you were on the wrong track ...

Raj

> Ha, good one. Yep, makes sense to get it working first. Sorry if I went
> down the wrong path on this thread. Probably did.
>
> By the way, did you try out event 10730, which will show information
> about FGAC stuff on the first parse (not, repeat, not after that)? Never
> tried it myself, but it should show the extra stuff that is later
> hidden. Haven't bothered to test it myself, of course.
>
> Mogens

Best Regards
Raj

select mandatory_disclaimer from company_requirements;

Do you Yahoo!?
Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now. http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush