oracle 8I performanance testing

From: Balchandra A. Modak <bm_at_bahwantravels.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:48:32 +0400

Hi all,

 I'm using Orale 8i on unixware ,H/w is 1gb ram ,, Xeon 500Mhz Duel processor , IBM netfinity 5500
On Oracle we r using Etravel application , all Users r complaining that application is very slow, so we did indexing ,still application is very slow . Our application vender is saying that Oracle server is slow and u need to upgrade the Hardware.

Our management ask me the strong reason to upgrade.

Can anybody pls give me IDEA to check the performance of server and produce any document on that to management

RGDS   Prakash