RE: Change Data Capture (CDC) Feature

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:43:19 -0700

Joe,

>(and beyond) feature called "Change Data Capture" (CDC). I
>personally haven't had the pleasure of meeting Ms. CDC (or is
>it Mr. CDC??) Has anyone had any real world experience with
>this animal?? How easy/difficult is it to setup and maintain?
> Any pitfalls -- documented or otherwise?? I'm quite

FWIW, Both Oracle Magazine and SELECT Magazine (IOUG's Quarterly) have published articles on CDC recently, both from 'Users', and I felt that these articles were quite good. The SELECT article had some more implementation details (I may be biased when I say this!)

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)