Re: Change Data Capture (CDC) Feature

From: Barbara Sannwald <Barbara.Sannwald_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:29:42 -0600

Joe,

We've been using CDC for several months on 9iR2. It works pretty well for us. It did take some study to figure it out and set it up, but it's fairly straightforward once one understands the general concepts. We haven't run into any pitfalls yet.

The Oracle 9i Data Warehousing Guide Chapter 15 contains detailed instructions for setting it up and using it:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96520/cdc.htm#1656

Barbara