Change Data Capture (CDC) Feature

From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

One of our developers is looking for a better way to propagate nightly updates across several production and development instances. She came across a couple of white papers on a 9i (and beyond) feature called "Change Data Capture" (CDC). I personally haven't had the pleasure of meeting Ms. CDC (or is it Mr. CDC??) Has anyone had any real world experience with this animal?? How easy/difficult is it to setup and maintain? Any pitfalls -- documented or otherwise?? I'm quite intrigued with what I'm reading, but the source is OTN. For all I know, it could be that I'm being sold a big, juicy lemon by Uncle Larry's crew at Oracle central.

Thanks in advance for any insights,

Joe Cooper
Senior Oracle DBA
HIGHLINE Bank Data Services
(A division of HIGHLINE Media)
(formerly a division of Sheshunoff Information Services)
(you gotta love mergers and acquisitions!!!)
Austin, TX

Do you Yahoo!?