Reason for upgrading from 8.1.7 to 9iR2

From: <jaysingh1_at_optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 12:12:34 -0400

Dear All,

Does anyone have documents/presentations that explain the reasons for moving from 8.1.7 to 9iR2 except oracle desupport. (coz my company got an extended support for the next one year). The management is hesitate to spend money on 9i upgrade so we have to come up with few good convincing reasons to upgrade.

One thing we are thinking about performance improvement if we goto 9i? is it possible to get benchmark numbers somewhere between 8i and 9i ?

Thanks
Jay