RE: Reason for upgrading from 8.1.7 to 9iR2

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 08:18:25 -0300

We don't upgrade to the first release of any version.

Partly because we are wary, partly because the 1st release doesn't tend to be supported for as long as the final releases.

For testing and perhaps the OEM (when they release OEM 10g for my unix platform), I'm game.

For now we're aiming for 9iR2.

Patrice.