Re: Speeding up Oracle application db patching

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:30:18 +0300

Hi!

I think you should start with other methods for reducing the downtime, like patch merging etc..

I wouldn't want to mention those parameters here since they're very dangerous if any crash should happen and you need recovery. There are lots of people who just try any parameters they see in internet to make their system go faster, without caring about the implications of these at all...

Anyway, go check my paper about reducing 11i upgrade downtime from http://integrid.info and you'll find them there...

Tanel.