Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> RE: looking for tool to help consolidate Oracle schemas within Oracle instances and Oracle instances on AIX servers

RE: looking for tool to help consolidate Oracle schemas within Oracle instances and Oracle instances on AIX servers

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:37:22 +0000

Dick,
The resource manager can be pointed to different groups by a logon trigger. I've implemented one in a JDEdwards environment (also connecting to one single schema) where the trigger derived the group to use from a small parameter table, that was joined with v$session. Because of strong naming conventions, in client names, (OS)users and program names we had enough decisive information to survive a short period of time before new hardware arrived. (The old was simply too small, after consolidation ;-) of several other datacenters to the old machine, without proper capacity planning of course. I don't know whether this would work with peoplesoft, but at this site was helped with it.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

At 01:42 PM 4/20/2004, you wrote:
>Jaco,
>
> Unless your application forces everyone using data from a
> particular =
>schema to log on as that schema Resource Manager is not going to help =
>you. Resource Manager is based on who you logged onto the database as. =
>Wish it worked otherwise since it could then help us with PeopleSoft. =
>But since everyone using PeopleSoft connects to the database as the =
>PeopleSoft owner, we're stuck.
>

>Dick Goulet
>Senior Oracle DBA
>Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===