Re: Re[2]: Oracle/PHP Issue

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:05:57 -0400

Edgar, I looked at the package and while it does have certain similarity to DBI, the essential things like DBI->bind_param,DBI->bind_param_in_out and DBI->bind_column are, unfortunately, not there, and OCI routines have to be used directly. Theoretically speaking, it is possible to execute SQL without bind & define calls, but it would definitely cause mayor problems with the code design. Below is the list of the DB functions from the PEAR site and, unless I'm missing something, I don't see anything usable for that purpose.

DB

Table of Contents

Introduction - DSN -- The Data Source Name
Introduction - Connect -- Connecting and disconnecting a database
Introduction - Portability -- Database portability
Introduction - Query -- Performing queries
Introduction - Prepare & Execute -- Prepare & Execute/ExecuteMultiple
Introduction - autoPrepare & autoExecute -- Automatically prepare and execute SQL statements
Introduction - Fetch & Get -- Fetching rows from queries
Introduction - Sequences -- Sequences and auto-incrementing
DB -- Main class
DB::connect() -- Connects to a database
DB::isError() -- Determines if a variable is a DB_Error object
DB_common -- Interface for database access
DB_common::affectedRows() -- Finds the number of affected rows
DB_common::autoExecute() -- Automatically performs insert or update queries
DB_common::autoPrepare() -- Automatically prepare an insert or update query
DB_common::createSequence() -- Create a new sequence
DB_common::disconnect() -- Disconnect from a database
DB_common::dropSequence() -- Deletes a sequence
DB_common::escapeSimple() -- Escape a string according to the current DBMS's standards
DB_common::execute() -- Executes a prepared SQL statment
DB_common::executeMultiple() -- Repeated execution of a prepared SQL statment
DB_common::freePrepared() -- Release resources associated with a prepared SQL statement
DB_common::getAll() -- Fetch all rows
DB_common::getAssoc() -- Fetch result set as associative array
DB_common::getCol() -- Fetch a single column
DB_common::getListOf() -- View database system information
DB_common::getOne() -- Fetch the first column of the first row
DB_common::getRow() -- Fetch the first row
DB_common::limitQuery() -- Send a limited query to the database
DB_common::nextId() -- Returns the next free id of a sequence
DB_common::prepare() -- Prepares a SQL statement
DB_common::provides() -- Checks if a DBMS supports a particular feature
DB_common::query() -- Send a query to the database
DB_common::quote() -- DEPRECATED: Quotes a string
DB_common::quoteIdentifier() -- Format string so it can be safely used as an identifier
DB_common::quoteSmart() -- Format input so it can be safely used as a literal
DB_common::setFetchMode() -- Sets the default fetch mode
DB_common::setOption() -- Set run-time configuration options for PEAR DB
DB_common::tableInfo() -- Get info about columns in a table or a query result
DB_result -- DB result set
DB_result::fetchInto() -- Fetch a row into a variable
DB_result::fetchRow() -- Fetch a row
DB_result::free() -- Release a result set
DB_result::nextResult() -- Get result sets from multiple queries
DB_result::numCols() -- Get number of columns
DB_result::numRows() -- Get number of rows
DB_Error -- DB Error object