Re: ORA-J00X

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:54:58 -0400

On 04/15/2004 02:07:15 PM, Seema Singh wrote:
> Hi,
> i have been noticing ORA_J00X processes are taking more memory on Linux box?
> What could be reason.Is any way to fix ?

The reason is DBMS_JOB, which, incidentally, also holds the key to the solution. This will solve your problems with ORA_JOO* processes:

declare

    cursor csr is select job from dba_jobs; begin

    for c in csr loop
    dbms_job.remove(c.job);
    end loop;
end;
/

Don't run this if you have applications, 3rd party or home-grown, which expect some procedures to be run at certain times in consistent manner. The PL/SQL code above will remove all jobs from your dbms job queue and will empty the queue. It would be rather advisable to check what is in the DBA_JOBS before doing that. I can pretty much predict the result after running the procedure.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA