RE: 9i over exceed

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:05:53 -0500

I had this problem when installing on OpenVMS through eXceed. The problem ended up being the fonts. What I did was to start a font server on the Oracle Server box, then point eXceed to it, making sure that the font server was at the top of the list. Instructions on the eXceed part should be on Hummingbird's site (not the depth-finder manufacturer -- use Google to find). For a Unix-y server side, look up the "X Font Server", aka "xfs", although don't confuse that with the filesystem of the same name.

Or, make your desktop and/or laptop dual boot and fire up Linux to do your installs! :) In the Enlightenment window manager, you can even change the decorations on some unresizeable windows to make them resizeable.

HTH! GL!
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA