statspack wait events

From: Raghu Kota (WBTQ) <RKota_at_WestonBakeries.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:25:41 -0500

Hi Friends,

I have concern regarding wait events got from statspack, So dilemma is = what action I need to take now?? Any ideas will appreciated. My = environment is oracle8174 on AIX51.

Top 5 Wait Events

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                             Wait     % =
Total
Event                                               Waits  Time (cs)   =
Wt Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------ =

db file sequential read                           145,479       20,055   =
49.21
log file sync                                       4,549        6,466   =
15.87
db file parallel write                                252        5,134   =
12.60
log file parallel write                             4,560        4,784   =
11.74
control file parallel write                           326        2,165   =
 5.31

Thanks again
Raghu.