Re: statspack wait events

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:43:14 -0500

This is why statspack is sometimes useless. Your "db_file_sequential_read" wait is meaningless unless you know which SQL command(s) cause(s) the largest number of those read events. Without the particular SQL to tune, the only advice I can give you is to truncate tables until the "disk read" problem goes away. On the other hand, you're checkpointing a lot (control & redo files I/O is indicating that). How big are redo log files? How many of them do you have? Is the disk where redo files reside "hot"?