Re: rman restore question

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:24:25 -0800

Note that when you configure controlfile autobackup on, then a backup controlfile will be saved to default location (dbs or database dir under $ORACLE_HOME) after most physical database structure changes such is adding a datafile, taking tablespace offline/online etc. This is the behaviour of 9.2.0.4 on W2k at least.

It may generate a good bunch of backup controfiles to Oracle software directory without your knowing...

Anyway, I have less than 23 hours to new year here, so I wish you happy ending of current year and happy new year! And you probably won't hear from me for next few days ;) Tanel.

> I think you can do "CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON",
> which enables RMAN to automatically backup controlfile to
> a default location. Then you can restore the controlfile
> before you restore other database files.

Security System.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee