Re: rman restore question

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:54:25 -0800

Tanel,
Do you mean if I am using current controlfile to recover database, It doesn't matter the backupset is obsolete or not in the rman catalog repository database, is that sounds right? So, I just have to restore the old backupset from tape to disk and issue recover database command? At beginning, I thought to recatalog the backupset, make it valid and then recover from it. However, I couldn't find this kind of operation in manual. So I am wondering how to recover it from an obsolete backupset?
Thanks again,

Joan

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu