Securing the Database Structure

From: Hussain Ahmed Qadri <hussain_at_skm.org.pk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:41:35 +0500

Hi all,
When you develop a software and you intend to sell it, are there any ways of saving your database structure. Because obviously we don't give the fmb's, we only give the executable. But to run the software we need to have the database and there are ways by which the database structure can be seen, imp/exp is an example for one. I know by getting the database structure it would be very difficult to interpret the system, but structure is the core of the whole thing. So I wanted to ask what are the steps that are followed when you are packaging your software to sell and what are the security measures to protect your application, forms, database structures, etc. Plus any good method/utility to encrypt the contents of a batch file but at the same time allowing it to be executed.

Thanks and regards,

Hussain Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 08:41:35 CDT