RE: Securing the Database Structure

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:49:51 -0500

Coming from the perspective of one who has needed to get to a DB structure of a purchased app, you might have some luck using obfuscation. Ever try to reverse engineer an 800-table schema with no RI? It can be done (we've done it), but with the help of the app source.

One other 3rd-party app has implemented some of Oracle's object types and such in 8i, and the schemas don't seem to be able to be successfully exp/imp'd. Then again, I didn't try that hard...

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA