Should percent increase higher than 0 in 817?

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:56:25 -0700

Everything I have seen says no. I did the following.

Set PCTINCREASE = 0
Set my initial and next extents to 5m so they are uniform. A woman I work with swears there is Oracle documentation that in 817 PCTINCREASE should be greater than 0 because the default is 50.

ORA-03232 unable to allocate an extent of string blocks from tablespace string

Cause: An attempt was made to specify a HASH_MULTIBLOCK_IO_COUNT value that is greater than the tablespace's NEXT value.

Action: Increase the value of NEXT for the tablespace using ALTER TABLESPACE DEFAULT STORAGE or decrease the value of HASH_MULTIBLOCK_IO_COUNT.

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 11:56:25 CDT