RE: (OT) RE: Look's like Larry's at it again...

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:44:19 -0700

Yes, I thought it was funny, but especially with these "official" sounding articles you never know if it will end up being spread over the internet with people swearing it's true. I remember a woman I know who received an e-mail that said something like "This e-mail has infected your computer with the Polish-Duh Virus. To repair please immediately erase all files on your hard disk. Do not do a backup because this will infect all your other backup disks." and the lady asked me "should I really erase my hard drive?"

Does anyone else remember the oldie about Larry Ellison (supposedly) telling Ivy Leaguers to drop out of school?
http://www.satirewire.com/news/0006/satire-ellison.shtml

"Graduates of Yale University, I apologize if you have endured this type of prologue before, but I want you to do something for me. Please, take a good look around you. Look at the classmate on your left. Look at the classmate on your right. Now, consider this: five years from now, 10 years from now, even 30 thirty years from now, odds are the person on your left is going to be a loser. The person on your right, meanwhile, will also be a loser. And you, in the middle? What can you expect? Loser. Loserhood. Loser Cum Laude.

"In fact, as I look out before me today, I don't see a thousand hopes for a bright tomorrow. I don't see a thousand future leaders in a thousand industries. I see a thousand losers.

"You're upset. That's understandable. After all, how can I, Lawrence 'Larry' Ellison, college dropout, have the audacity to spout such heresy to the graduating class of one of the nation's most prestigious institutions? I'll tell you why. Because I, Lawrence 'Larry' Ellison, second richest man on the planet, am a college dropout, and you are not."

Author: Jacques Kilchoer
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]