RE: Oracle Financials 10SC on HP-UX rev 11

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 04:01:36 -0700

As HPUX 10.2 and 11 are not object-file compatible, you must obtain all the software that you are using
[ie Oracle 7.3.4, Developer 1.3.2 or 1.3.3, Apps 10.7 and *every* applications patch
{or the highest patchset for each module plus any further standalone patches that you may have applied} ]
afresh for HPUX 11. All the products and patches are available seperately for HPUX 10.2 and HPUX 11.

Note that as 10.7/7.3.4 is desupported --- only 10.7/7.3.4/8.1.7.4 is supported in Server-Partitioned mode.
So I suggest that you complete migration to HPUX 11 on 10.7/7.3.4 and then go to 8.1.7.4 You
will have to review the 10.7/8.1.7 InterOperability notes for other requirements.

Another way to go would be to first take your database to 8.1.7 on HPUX 11 while your Apps still
run 10.7 on the existing HPUX 10.20 server [ie true Server-Partitioned] if you are are purchasing a
new server for the upgrade. Once you have 10.7 stable against 8.1.7, upgrade your applications server
to HPUX 11 [of course, you still have to reinstall Apps 10.7 and all the patches for HPUX 11].

Even 10.7 / 7.3.4 / 8.1.7.4 Server-Partitioned is technically being desupported at the end of this month
[30-Jun-03]. Only Extended Support is available for another year.

Hemant

At 09:05 AM 18-06-03 -0800, you wrote:
I shall just comment on conversion from 10.20 to HP-UX 11.

Install fresh HP-UX-11 11 on a new box. Install 10.7 version for HP-UX 11 and Oracle 7.3.4.5 .
Apply all application patches for Hp 11 version on new box. Copy over all your datafile and migrate to new binaries. At this stage don't involve 8.1.7.4. U can migrate to 8.1.74. after applying interpro patches. It will be again a new venture.

Ask Oracle Support for specific guidance. We moved from 10.20 to 11 2 years back. I am not working for that employer anymore so I have no acccess for any specific info. H/ever I shall try my best to give answer to your specific questions

Regards
Rafiq

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: M Rafiq
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 19 2003 - 06:01:36 CDT