which util do I use to see oracle's execution plan?

From: Maryann Atkinson <maryann_30_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:15:09 -0800

I am so novice it'll probably take me years to learn oracle like some of you know it in here...

I am just studying a book, and try to learn from some of its questions.

  1. Which util do I use to see oracle's execution plan for a SQL statement? Which statement would you recommend me, so I can actually try it and see results?
  2. If I need to tune the SGA ONLY, should I concentrate on the log buffers, the library cache or the shared pool?

thx
maa

Author: Maryann Atkinson
  INET: maryann_30_at_yahoo.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 14:15:09 CDT