utl_smtp error

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:13:38 -0800

Hi Dear List,

Question again,
We have 3 databases on test server and one instance on production server. 8.1.7.4 oracle;
None of them had those problem before. The email always working and had been tested throughly.
  Recently we got ORA-20001: 421 Service not available

  ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 83
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 121
  ORA-06512: at line 5

  these errors. I noticed that some of ctxsys packages became invalid. After I
  recompiled all the objects, the errors are gone, it seems working. However, after
  2 or 3 times success sent email, the errors showed up again. On production
  server, after I recompiled the packages, first time run successfully, then
  error out.
  I am not sure why it start to error out? It is not consistent, sometimes works and sometimes not; I checked all the related documents regarding these errors. Nothing really matches our case. Does anyone can point me where I should look into it?

Thanks always,

Joan

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 08:13:38 CST