Re: RE: New DBA.

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 9:10:19 -0500

There is no such thing as an entry level DBA. This has been a myth for a while. Alot of training companies offering incredibly expensive classes are duping people into believing these jobs exist. Oracle DBA is a real buzzword term so people think there are lots of entry level positions.

DBAs start off as developers or System administrators and move over. In the state of the current economy, I do not know of any entry level developer jobs for people without clearances and a computer science degree.

Its not a knock on the guy who sent this email. There are thousands of people like him in the US who get duped into believing these jobs exist. They dont. I just hope he didnt get conned into paying several thousand dollars to a training company...