Re: ORA-27100: shared memory realm already exists - status

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:18:27 +0100

I found the hash function, but that is only one bit. The next problem is to find the segments.
Come to Copenhagen in October and you will see ;-)

Anjo.

> Well Anjo, what sort of hash? I've been working to develop the stuff
> that Hailey talked about(direct SGA access) at Hotsos seminar but the
> best I've come up with so far has me sorting through all the shared
> memory segements seeing which one I can attach to. This is not good. I
> can get the id's through oradebug but I'm looking for a better way that
> is not indirectly dependant on connecting to the database.
>
> Allan

__
> This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]