Re: 100% CPU utilization, urgent

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:14:37 -0800

RE: 100% CPU utilization, urgentWe seem to have switched email threads, but the value from the VALUE column in the query on V$SESSTAT is centiseconds of CPU consumed by the session. Although V$SESSTAT is not updated continuously (but rather in "spurts"), you should see a clear trend in which session is consuming the most CPU.

Whichever session is doing it, I would suggest enabling SQL Trace (a.k.a. "the big hammer") on the session and running TKPROF SORT=PRSELA,EXEELA,FCHELA against the raw ".trc" file produced...

...or use STATSPACK......or both...

  Thanks for the script, I would like to know how would I interpret the VALUES column, I mean what does it stand for. If the value of CPU used for a particular SID is 2000, what does that mean? Is it the time, in 1/100 th of seconds of the total CPU time? Can you please help me understand this?

  Thanks and regards

  Hussain

  Author: Thomas Day
    INET: tday6_at_csc.com

  to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com