Backup/Restore

From: OraCop <oracop_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:28:59 -0800

Hello,

   I need to comeup with backup strategy for my    production oracle systems running 9iR2 on Solaris9.

   I do have veritas Netbackup installed. I would    really appreciate if someone can answer these    important questions for me.

    1- Do I need to install Veritas Oracle agent for

       backup?
    2- What are COMPLETE steps involved to

       backup/restore if I want to use Veritas for
       this purpose?

    3- I am using following script to create backup on
       the local disk. This script does not delete the
       archive log files after backing 'em up. Why
       not? I am using this script at RMAN prompt.
       (connect to recvcat)

run {
allocate channel c1 type disk;
backup
full
#incremental level 2 # 0 1 2 or up
skip inaccessible
tag hot_db_bk_level0
filesperset 5
# recommended format
format '/data/oraidx/backup/bk_%s_%p_%t'
(database);

sql 'alter system archive log current'; # backup all archive logs
backup
filesperset 20
format '/data/oraidx/backup/al_%s_%p_%t'
(archivelog all

delete input);
release channel c1;
}

   4- What is the procedure to restore using files

      created as output of above script?    5- Any ideas/links to help improve backup

      strategy, using veritas and RMAN.
Thanks.

OraCop

Do you Yahoo!?