RE: Table Design

From: Vikas Khanna <vkhanna_at_quark.co.in>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:03:50 -0800

One table should do the purpose and partioning would be a very useful option to go in for and the local indexes would take care of the efficiency in terms of retreival.

More options to work in as one of the partitions goes down. The other nine would still be active and recovery could be carried on the damaged partition. Manageablility of maintaining 10 differennt tables and their associated objects is a big concern now a days.

Author: Vikas Khanna
  INET: vkhanna_at_quark.co.in
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 01:03:50 CST