Table Design

From: <PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:28:27 -0800

Hello

We are doing database design for a project. We have 10 distinct transactions types and the total number of records is expected to be around 5,00,000
taking all transactions together.We have normalised the tables and decided to store all of them together in a
single table identified by the transaction type and other unique fields.

We would like to know which option would be the best so that we can retrieve data most efficiently
Option-1.

     Maintain 10 different tables for each transaction type (i.e 500000 records will be split among 10 tables)
Option-2

     Store all of them together in a single table identified by the transaction type and other unique fields.

Regards,
Deepa

  INET: PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 00:28:27 CST