Re: Table Design

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:54:15 -0800

Oracle is pretty good at joining tables, that's its job.

Is a single table faster than joining 3? Yes.

Is the difference enough to matter? Probably not.

Design for the data, denormalize only if you can prove it's necessary. You and the developers will pay for it later if you don't.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com