methodology to keep only certain programs to connect to

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:54:02 -0400

This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages.

--=_B3EFFD9F.640530F0

I've been tasked to ensure only certain app programs access the database.

I'm thinking on-logon trigger, check the program field from v$session. = unfortunately v$session is for all sessions, i can't seem to find the view = that tells me only MY info during login. I only want the sid, serial#, = username and program for my just now connection to the database.

Does this exist or am I going about this the wrong way?

We're thinking of checking those fields to make sure sql*plus, toad, etc = can't connect as a particular user(even though the password is known out = in the community).

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

joe

--=_B3EFFD9F.640530F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-125=
2">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Times New Roman; MARGIN-LEFT: =
2px">
<DIV>I've been tasked to ensure only certain app programs access the=20
database.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm thinking on-logon trigger, check the program field from=20
v$session.&nbsp; unfortunately v$session is for all sessions, i can't seem = to=20
find the view that tells me only MY info during login.&nbsp; I only want = the=20
sid, serial#, username and program for my just now connection to the=20 database.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does this exist or am I going about this the wrong way?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We're thinking of checking those fields to make sure sql*plus, toad, =
etc=20
can't connect as a particular user(even though the password is known out = in the=20
community).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>any ideas would be greatly appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>joe</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>