Re: methodology to keep only certain programs to connect to

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:55:37 -0700

Joe,

Try this:

select

   s.username,
   s.sid,
   s.serial#

from v$session s
where userenv('SESSIONID') = s.audsid;

Jared

"JOE TESTA" <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 09/10/2002 08:58 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        methodology to keep only certain programs to connect to

I've been tasked to ensure only certain app programs access the database.

I'm thinking on-logon trigger, check the program field from v$session. unfortunately v$session is for all sessions, i can't seem to find the view that tells me only MY info during login. I only want the sid, serial#, username and program for my just now connection to the database.

Does this exist or am I going about this the wrong way?

We're thinking of checking those fields to make sure sql*plus, toad, etc can't connect as a particular user(even though the password is known out in the community).

any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Sep 10 2002 - 11:55:37 CDT