Re: methodology to keep only certain programs to connect to

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: 11 Sep 2002 09:10:06 -0400

Hmm...feels like I missed something here. Joe, in response to your original question, try:
select <what you need> from v$session where audsid=userenv('sessionid');

That ought to return data for only your current session.

-Mark
On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 09:13, Yechiel Adar wrote:
> Hello Joe
>
> I implemented today Tom's trigger in one of our test databases and it works fine.
> I am using it to track which users / applications are connecting so we can notify them
> in case of scheduled down time or problems.
>
> You need to run dbmsrand.sql to add dbms_random package to the database.
>
> Yechiel Adar
> Mehish

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
mark_at_bobak.net
"It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it