RE: Oracle Arm Twisting?

From: Rodd Holman <roddholman_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:18:36 -0800

Yes, it meets in the secure ward at the local hospital. Nice men in white coats come and serve you soft foods and liquids. You get a complimentary dinner jacket when you check in. ;-)

Rodd

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 07:38, Jay Hostetter wrote:

    Catherine,

      We all feel your pain.

      My only suggestion is to test heavily. For every hour of patching that we have, we have several hours of pre-req research and testing on another server. You simply can't run this software without a whole separate environment for testing patches.

      Is there a support group for 11i dbas?

    Jay

>>> clchan_at_nie.edu.sg 08/14/02 11:08PM >>>
    I guess you are not using Oracle Human Resources Applications. For most of     the patches that we've applied, there are new bugs. It's a never-ending     applying patches-after-patches ... We've lost count of the number of TARs     opened. The worst part is after applying a patch to solve a bug, the new     problem which was not documented in the readme file always emerge itself     after sometime. By then, it's too late to revert back to the old version.     Are we the only company having the problem ? sigh..

    Regds,
    Catherine

    Author: Jay Hostetter
      INET: jhostetter_at_decommunications.com

    To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message     to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in     the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L     (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may     also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Rodd Holman
  INET: roddholman_at_HotPOP.com