(Fwd)

From: Eric D. Pierce <eric_d_pierce_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:08:21 -0800

trying again...

Connect the dots, contrary to the highly postured false rectitude that you
are conveying, Ellison has a very long track record of sleaze that at a
minimum, ought to elicite a great deal of suspicion.

(I will contact McCain's people for additional info, let me know if you
would like me to mention you personally :)

Assuming that you actually care about corporate responsibility, and aren't
just acting pissy for the heck of it, you can find additional background on
McCain's position here:

http://www.straighttalkamerica.com

Most recently, Oracle tried to buy off legislators to thwart an audit of
the ELA that Oracle/Logicon put together with the State of California. As
far as I'm concerned, all the *ssholes involved in that at Oracle/Logicon,
lobbyists, and in the legislature, ought to be in jail.

btw, I'm sure that if Ellison had sold lots of stock at the bottom of the
market, and then it went way up, no one would complain.

regards,
ep

Responsibility /=20
| Re: OT - unix
|
| Nope=2E
|
| I just thought that people are innocent until proven
guilty=2E One=20
| thing about someone in Ellison's position is that it would
be=20
| impossible for him to *ever* sell stock without having the
unfounded
| accusations you've quoted being hurled at him=2E So, are
you saying=20
| that it is OK to throw such accusations around, when you
don't know
| anything about anything? Or is there further substantiation
for what
| you're saying? Does that mean he should never sell stock?
Or should
| he just live his life and ignore the critics?
|
| I respect and admire Sen=2E McCain as much as I respect and
admire=20
| anyone, but he is not infallible and he (and his staff) can
certainly
| be off the mark=2E=2E=2E

> Tim,
>
> It is my understanding that Oracle's stocks have gone
> up and down wildly several times=2E
>
> As you say, the only time I've heard that Larry
> Ellison cashed out before a plunge happened was the
> recent one that McCain brought up=2E
>
> I'm afraid I fail to see what you think people should
> conclude from all that=2E
>
> Are you saying that it is ok for stock holding workers
> and investors to get gigantically screwed just because
> Larry Ellison has only done it once?

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 00:08:21 CDT