Cloning Question

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_ritvax.rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 05:48:21 -0800

    I spent a long time trying to clone our production data warehouse into test, to refresh it. I do this frequently, as both a way to refresh test instances and to test the backups. After fighting through 2 bad backups, I finally got a good one. However, the problem I had was that the production rollback tablespace is larger than the disk on test.

    My thought was that I could restore everything except the rollback tablespace, which is not the way I usually do it. I commented out the rollback_segments line in the init.ora and created a script that would create a new rollback tablespace and rollback segments, smaller than those in production. This didn't work, even though Oracle support said it should have. When I did the clone, the database would not open. I kept getting the following error:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [25012], [1], [2], [], [], [], [], []

Does anyone know what I was doing wrong? I can't figure it out, and Oracle support couldn't figure it out, either. I was able to get the database up by getting more disk added, so that there was enough space to restore the rollback tablespace file.

Thank you.

--
Scott Canaan (srcdco_at_rit.edu)

(585) 475-7886
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it" - Tom Lehrer -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Scott Canaan INET: srcdco_at_ritvax.rit.edu Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L