Re: Cloning Question

From: <Rachel_Carmichael_at_Sonymusic.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:48:46 -0800

In some versions of Oracle, you need a SECOND rollback segment created in the SYSTEM tablespace in order to create another tablespace. It can't hurt to add it (you can drop it immediately after you get the rollback tablespace created) but it could be the solution.

Since you didn't include the version of the database you are working with, we have to be somewhat generic in our answers

Rachel

|--------+----------------------->
|        |                       |
|        |                       |
|        |          srcdco_at_ritvax|
|        |          .rit.edu     |
|        |                       |
|        |          05/09/2002   |
|        |          02:28 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          ORACLE-L     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com                 |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Rachel Carmichael)             |
  |       Subject:     Re: Cloning Question            |

I thought there was a rollback segment in system that would be there. It should be enough to get things started. After all, there isn't a separate one when you create a database, until you create it.

Author: Scott Canaan
  INET: srcdco_at_ritvax.rit.edu

  INET: Rachel_Carmichael_at_Sonymusic.com