Re: Async I/O on Sun Solaris

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:03:20 -0800

Well, no not actually.

You must use raw devices for async IO to work with Oracle on Solaris.

It's pretty easy to prove this using svrmgrl and truss. If you dig around in the archives you may find some references to it, or search on google as there are a couple of sites that archive this list.

With cooked filesystems, you won't get async IO on Solaris, at least on 2.6 and 2.7. Not sure about 2.8.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com