RE: Async I/O on Sun Solaris

From: Karniotis, Stephen <Stephen_Karniotis_at_compuware.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:33:21 -0800

I don't think you need raw devices for asynch I/O. We used asynch I/O without raw for years quite successfully. Veritas vxfs with Q I/O also helped.

You need raw if you are going to implement Oracle9i RAC or Oracle Parallel Server. If not the issue, I would highly recommend asynch I/O over synchronous I/O to eliminate the intercommunication between the slave processes. Not to mention the memory consumption.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Technical Alliance Manager
Compuware Corporation

Direct:	(248) 865-4350
Mobile:	(248) 408-2918
Author: George Schlossnagle
  INET: george_at_omniti.com

Author: Karniotis, Stephen
  INET: Stephen_Karniotis_at_compuware.com