Using RMAN

From: Sona <sona_us_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:49:36 -0800

Hi
Currently we
are using Unix scripts to do backups.We keep last 2 days of backups on the disk and also take the backups on tape daily. We are planning to use RMAN for backups and would like to maintain the the same policy of 2 days backup on disk and daily tape backups. Is it possible to implement this using RMAN? Which backup will RMAN remember (while restore) the disk backup or the tape backup?

If we try to
use the incremental strategy ,then how would RMAN remember the last incremental level 0 backup ? It will not be present on disk since we only keep the last 2 days backup on it. How do i use RMAN to do restore/recovery in this case? I heard that taking backups on tape is faster than on disk when using RMAN? Is it true?
<FONT face="Times New Roman"

size=3>
Could RMAN
users share their backup/recovery  strategies ,please.
<FONT face="Times New Roman"

size=3>
<FONT face="Times New Roman"

size=3>TIA Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 17:49:36 CST