Re: LOT (Little OT): Interesting Oracle related URL's.

From: Luis DeUrioste <luis_deurioste_at_rac.ray.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:46:09 -0700

Authors, and List,

I do agree that it is wrong to post papers without permissions etc. etc., but lets not be so harsh. I come from a Third world country (BOLIVIA) where getting up to-date Literature is almost impossible, most all documentation that people work with is obsolete, and this people heavily rely on papers posted somewhere. As far as books you could forget it, the cost of a book here is around $50.oo (101) series that is about 1/3 of their monthly salary. Some of the people that are benefited from this "Piracy" are college students that one day may become the next GAJA , RACHEL, or KEVIN. Lets remember that the NET's intent was to ease the sharing of information. Please, please lets not be to harsh on the people that post this materials, but lets ask them to give all the credit to the authors and if possible try to get their permission.

We are lucky to live in a Country where we can afford to pay for this materials or to pay for conferences etc. other nations are not so lucky.

I just had to let it out.

Sorry
Regardless

Friend 4 ever